prayer warriors.

by

Covered in Grace

The power of prayer is amazing.
God is listening. Always.
We have been called to love. To love others as Christ has loved us.
To approach each day and each person that we see with loving eyes, a peaceful heart, and a sound mind.There are so many ways to love God’s children. Each and every one that he has created.
One way to do that….is prayer.
Every day we log onto Facebook*Twitter*Email*Blogs
There are always new photos, updates, jokes, quotes, complaints, celebrations, triumphs, hardships, losses, invitations, cries for help…for support…

What if we said prayers for those that ask for them, right then and there. What if we close our eyes and bow our heads and put everything else out of our minds. And for that tiny moment, it is just us and God, talking about our friends.

600x100 praise

These prayers are good. The ones that people ask for. And I believe that God fervently hears them. He hears every little, tiny utterance we¬† make every single day. Even a simple, “Be with my friend.” God hears that and knows your heart.
It is good to pray for those that ask for prayers. They need them.
But…what about those that don’t ask for prayers?
The ones who are calling out for someone…something… without really saying “help.”
I just had the wost day ever! Traffic! Ugggg.
Sick, sick, sick. I sure hope this cold goes away soon.
Can’t a girl catch a break?! I can’t seem to win.
Those are cries for help. Even if they don’t realize it….if they say they’re just venting….they are still PRAYER REQUESTS. Those people need the “Be with my friend” prayers. They need guidance, strength, support, love, patience, peace.
They need a brush with God.
A glimpse of His Glory.
They need to feel His presence and recognize His might!
In those moments when they are crying out…we can fight for them.
We can be warriors for them.
The power of prayer is so amazing, so real, so strong.
It is so because God is so amazing, so real, so strong.
We have the ability to petition God on behalf of our friends. Real, authentic, genuine prayers don’t have to sound poetic or formal. They only have to be heart-felt. What an amazing thing to be able to do for our friends.
My vision for Prayer Warriors is that bloggers around the world will come together in prayer and unite for the Glory of God. I’d like to create a web of Prayer Warriors that reaches far and wide and always toward Heaven. A group that others can reach out to in times of need.
If you’d like to be part of the Prayer Warrior Web, click HERE to find out more.

Brooke

Brooke is a native-Texan who’s been transplanted all over the world. As a veteran-military-wife, creative writer, young mother, & spiritual thinker, she hopes to inspire & relate to the hearts & minds of her blogging communities via her writing & experience.

This post has quite possibly been linked into {One Of These} linky parties!

Brooke

Brooke

Brooke

Latest posts by Brooke (see all)

14 Comments on prayer warriors.

1. Nicole
    May 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm (5 years ago)

I really appreciate that you have a heart for this. You’re right, so many times we read about these “vents” but don’t offer up a simple prayer. What a great reminder! I’m on board!

2. F....
    May 8, 2012 at 12:10 am (5 years ago)

I want in too! Love love love this idea!

3. Danielle
    May 8, 2012 at 2:21 am (5 years ago)

What a fantastic idea, Brooke! We are all supposed to be prayer warriors! If we don’t pray for some people, who will? We might be the only person who would pray for them! Love it! :)

4. Julie Marie
    May 8, 2012 at 11:30 am (5 years ago)

So good how many times have we read one anothers heart, hurt, complain, triumph…and then just went about our day. I’m reminded of that verse where God said he was looking for someone to stand in the gap…and found none. It is up to us to not let any person go by without being that connection to heaven for them:)

5. Brittany
    May 8, 2012 at 11:47 am (5 years ago)

Love this idea Brooke! Feel like this is going to be a really awesome thing!

6. JDaniel4's Mom
    May 8, 2012 at 11:58 am (5 years ago)

This is a wonderful idea!

7. Just Simply Live
    May 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm (5 years ago)

I found your page from twitter. This is soooo awesome that you are starting this. I actually have an on going pray request I would love to share with you ladies…myself and a few close friends are starting a ministry to serve and love on teen moms in our community. We are totally stepping out in faith and out of our comfort zone. Would love love love to have our new ministry covered in prayer. Thank you.

8. Rachel Andre
    May 29, 2012 at 2:41 am (5 years ago)

Our prayers are dynamic! I think this is a powerful tool to use- social media. I pray that you ladies are blessed in ways beyond comprehension. So proud!

9. Megan B.B.
    June 6, 2012 at 10:27 pm (5 years ago)

I need this today, and love this.
    One of my close friends was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about a year ago. Today I received notice that she is on her way to visit the Lord soon, and I am asking for prayer for her, and especially her family. And for her friends, for clarity (for me at least) that this is the best way, and to not selfishly hold on just because *I* may not be ready to let go.

10. Erin
    June 22, 2012 at 1:18 am (5 years ago)

I randomly stumbled on this and am so thankful I did! I feel like I’ve been searching for something like this (and bloggers like you who love Christ too)! I so want to be a part of Prayer Warriors! -^_^-

11. Anni
    July 18, 2012 at 10:36 am (5 years ago)

What a wonderful idea and THANK YOU for sharing!

I will defintely try to join the team!

Love from Germany and God bless,
    Anni

12. Tif
    August 9, 2012 at 12:36 am (5 years ago)

Such an honor to join up with so many beautiful Christian women! I’m blessed to be a part of this amazing mission of prayer!

Tif

13. Emily
    October 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm (5 years ago)

I found your blog from Tif’s blog. I would love to be a part….is ther ean html code so I can put the button on my blog!?

14. Cat
    November 17, 2012 at 7:24 pm (5 years ago)

I would love to be a part of this.